• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DX9 Probs...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Buddha1822

So i got my new comp (look below) and thought, install DirectX 9 for the hell of it... now if u see, i only got an 8500 running @ 4x AGP too anyway...

so i did this, then i started havin some problems, about 2 programs, including 3dmark pro 2001 (build 330) said they "don't work" without DX8.1... so i did some reinstall what not, and this program, pyro 2003 (cakewalk) said it needs DX 8.1, it installs it, then i reboot, and obviously, since its still DX9, it doesn't measure its 8.1 and keeps messing up... So i decided I think its for the best, to just uninstall DX9 till i get a card worth having it for, and then put 8.1 on.... two questions... is that fine? or is DX9 that much more better? and then also, how do i go about installing any trace of DX9 so that 8.1 will be recognized...? thanks! :)

i had the same problem when it came to 3dmark... go to their site and get the latest update... this will fix it temporarily....

other than that, i tried uninstalling dx9, and you REALLY think its THAT easy?? think again... i ended up doing a reformat after more of my drivers crashed... im sticking to dx8.1

oh yeah, try the system recovery... (if you have it enabled)

Run dxdiag and make sure everything checks out ok. If not, try reinstalling DX 9 (the only way ur getting rid of it is to format)

Back