• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT NF7 rev. 1.2 is the best motherboard out there for performance!!!!! stop asking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssgohan434

Silicon Valley---> moved to Washington State
ABIT NF7 rev. 1.2 is the best motherboard out there for performance!!!!! stop asking

i keep seeing people post, which nforce mobo to get when there are like 5 threads about them active daily. please people look before posting this question. also to answer this question, the NF7 Revision 1.2 is the undisputed king out there rite now. unless u wanna vold mod some 8rda+ then this is the mobo to get.

Re: ABIT NF7 rev. 1.2 is the best motherboard out there for performance!!!!! stop asking

ssgohan434 said:
i keep seeing people post, which nforce mobo to get when there are like 5 threads about them active daily. please people look before posting this question. also to answer this question, the NF7 Revision 1.2 is the undisputed king out there rite now. unless u wanna vold mod some 8rda+ then this is the mobo to get.

I echo those remarks..

The NF7 is KING in my book:D

Re: ABIT NF7 rev. 1.2 is the best motherboard out there for performance!!!!! stop asking

ssgohan434 said:

I'm glad you posted this... I am going to buy a new mobo at the end of this month but I wasent sure which to buy, I had my eyes on ASUS A7N8X Deluxe and Abit KF7-S Rev. 1.2. I was leaning to ASUS the most beacuse thats what I have now and have been very pleased with since the day I baught it. I've read alot of reviews about the Abit board and found them all to be very positive, so I guess this is going to be the board I'm gonna buy... Gotta try something new sometimes right :)

hopefully in a few months, alos i hope they get rid of that small resistor near to mounting holes peole are having problems with.(even though you can get those special peices) on the 2.0 ver. i probaly am going to have to wait to may to get a new board. because that is when my birth day is.

well im just adding my seal of approval on the NF7 1.2
the rev2 will be about a month before its really available readily.

if your waiting for this you should be waiting to see the revised 8rda also,waiting for something doesnt pay.well it might but soon as you finally buy what you been waiting on an improved something else will be realesed and be better.

the only differance is a revised chipset from nvidia.but i feel the 1.2 is great and will be hard to improve on it with just a chipset revision.

anyhow my 8rda backup arrived yesterday and i dont even plan on testing it until its needed.i know for a fact it wont run as good as my nf7 so why bother.

uhg I just bought my new 1700+......I can't wait for the 2.0 waaaa...sigh what the heck why not get the 1.2...it looks as though it's da bomb....so um will my slk800(a) fit on it?

treepop said:
uhg I just bought my new 1700+......I can't wait for the 2.0 waaaa...sigh what the heck why not get the 1.2...it looks as though it's da bomb....so um will my slk800(a) fit on it?

Yes it will fit..

If the Abit board is so great why is it that the three major gaming computer companies (Alienware, VoodooPC and Falcon Northwest) all use the Asus A7N8X Deluxe and not the Abit NF7-S?

Tyfoid said:
If the Abit board is so great why is it that the three major gaming computer companies (Alienware, VoodooPC and Falcon Northwest) all use the Asus A7N8X Deluxe and not the Abit NF7-S?
becouse they dont overclock and the rigs they make suck.
sucking is relative tho,to someone who owns a compaq they rock.to me and compared to my rig they suck.

I am not saying that those computers rock, I was just asking a question, because I know they must choose the Asus over the Abit for some reason and doesn't voodoo or falconnw overclock? I guess it doesn't matter but I thought I read that somewhere...

might be possable to oc a little on those,im not sure they do it tho.
well the main reason why they choose the asus is and i feel tyhis way also its a rock solid mobo.
the asus was also the first out in the nf2 platform.
the early abits sucked something worse than lemons honestly they were bad.
if i bought my momma a mobo id buy her a asus a7n8x
if i bought myself one it would be the abit i own.

both are good in there own rights.ive even owned the asus a7n8x but it lacks so many voltage options in the bios i need i couldnt hardly oc it as much as i would my abit.

The NF7-S rev 1.2 and 8RGA+ (no typeo) are both excellent boards when it comes to the NF2 setups. But to get the most out of a NF7-S you still have to do a memory votage mod and yes, a VDD mod, to up it to around 2.3v's. With the memory mod you can get up to around 3.15v's.

For OPP to reach 250FSB on his NF7-S rev 1.2 he had to do both of those mods, just like you have to do on the 8RDA+.

As for the rev2 boards, they will offically support DDr400, but they will still only OC about the same as the NF7-S rev 1.2. All the rev2 is doing is having offical DDR 400 support.

As for the difference in stock...well it just depends...the NF7-S rev 1.2 has had just as much problems as the 8RDA+. It all just depends on your luck. Can't say about the 8RGA+ since they are still new on the market over here.

And what it all truly comes down to is...preference...

Last edited:
well opp is a tad extreme now really i do 230fsb with 1.7vdd and 2.9vdimm. 99.9% of people would be satisfied with this.

if someone is going that route id suggest the 8rda myself.easily modded and its cheap in case it burns up.

and correct the rev2 is just the ddr400 support but i still think that doesnt guarentee 200fsb and abit will see some rma's also but its essentially nvidias goof also.

Back