• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1coolpc 500w PSU any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aviator747

Anyone out there using this PSU? Is it any good? Or does anyone know anything about it, such as who the real maker is?

I'm using a generic 300W PSU at the moment on a A7V, mildly oc'd T-bird 1.33\266 "axia" @ 1.4, 2 HD's, burner, cdrom & 5 12v fans & 384 meg of ram. I'm also oc'in my GF2 mx400

I'm planning on upgrading to a NF7-S, with 512 DDR ram & plan on pushing my chip. My cooler fan will be a 92mm tornado plus various case fans as above.

My voltages are good & high in both MBM 5 & in the bios. So will the 300W PSU suffice or should I upgrade?

Thanks Guys :)

*junk alert*

There is no 3.3+5V rating on the supply, this is almost always a dead giveaway that the supply is junk. The Antec True Powers are the only quality supply that does not carry this rating.

As well, $40 is too cheap for a 500W supply. If it too good to be true, it probably isn't.

At the 40 dollar level the 350W Fortron/Sparkle is indisputably the best supply available. Your supply may well be overloaded with your new mb, NF2 tends to be thirsty. Likely the 350 Fortron/Sparkle would do nicely though, and there is a spiffy new model with a 120mm fan availble from one source. If you want to sure you've got enough capacity, the 400W Fortron/Sparkle is $65 and a true horse. Unfortunately a 120mm equipped version is yet to appear though.

Nope, directron has the 300W Fortron model with the 120mm fan, but not the 350. There is a thread on this very forum detailing the quest for the 350 model, it may be found via the search function.

Back