• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check Out Alienware.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
isn't the case old news?

or did they just start selling their computers using the case?

well.. i'll be the first one to tell you that it's one of the ugliest things i've seen.

but who knows, if the performance is good then I guess it would be alright.

[sarcasm] I mean c'mon, the positive and negative fan rotation sure is innovative (as taken from alienware's site) [/sarcasm]

Um......you're referring to the case? I thought you meant the revamped site.:eek: I'm going to wait until fall when Chieftec comes out with the retail versions of these puppies, :D

err i never hear the end of alienwares from people at school! OMG their the best OMG you dont got one you SUCK!!! wait you mean i can pay 1000$$ and get a cool riced case with it!? omg count me in! or a laptop that will last 20 minutes on the batts wow!

Scary-MoFo said:
err i never hear the end of alienwares from people at school! OMG their the best OMG you dont got one you SUCK!!! wait you mean i can pay 1000$$ and get a cool riced case with it!? omg count me in! or a laptop that will last 20 minutes on the batts wow!

Just talking about a case man, relax a little...hehe. :D

yeah...I like the case also....it's just the cost.....I stripped it down to the bones no monitor or anything...with a 100$ rebate on amd proc...the grey still costs $1200 before tax or shipping YUK!...but stilll I like that case...:D.....

Old new & overpriced case ;)

From what I've seen, they're just a custom shell over the standard Antec/Cheiftec frame.

I wonder if they'll give me one of their cases. I had an Alienware computer before... sure would be nice

I like that white one with the blue neon showing through. I couldn't ever afford one though, that's why I tend to build my own. :D

hmm.. the cases are pretty nice its about time they finally switched over.. I think that other companies will be coming up with the alienware look a like cases in no time though.. i mean look at their old cases you can get one of those anywhere now... there just trying to be different but it won't last long

why would anyone want a computer that looked like an alien head and not have an alienwarz puter?? i mean isnt that like buildin one of those kit farraris with like a yugo engine in it? :p

*edit* woot woot! 2 starts!

The case is cool under my opinion since its different from all the others. Its something new and refreshing.

And I have a Alienware computer and it was the worst investment I ever made. 3 grand for a computer that fell apart in a year and a half.

The cases are different, I'll give them that.
And different is good.
I would not want one however: I like standard cases modded creatively more and the best deal in cases, IMO, are old tower and server cases: well built, sturdy and lots of room to mod.
And they are often cheap for examples in good shape!

But its yet another example of "Whatever floats your boat."
There are plenty of options available for cases in the computer world and the AlienHead cases will be too, I'm sure.

Back