• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cannot connect to multiplayer games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diggingforgold

Let me start by saying this is probably network related.

I connect to the internet by means of a cable modem that is split using a dlink router. The router has a hardware (and to my knowledge unconfigurable) firewall. My computer has the full working edition of ZAPro for a firewall. Any games that I try to connect to on the zone (MS gaming zone- zone.com), I am booted from and I receive the error "unable to connect".

I tried disableing the software firewall, but no effect.

I can play my brother in Op4 on our network with no problems at all. I can also dialup and connect directly to my friends 56K modem and play through there, but I can't play on my cable connection.

Any ideas? Should I go shopping for a new router? The router is confirgurable through IE.

~JEFF

I just found something in my router manual that talks about NAT (network address translation). I think multiplayer gaming have difficulties getting through this. Does anyone know what port MS gaming zone usually uses to connect? Or is it different depending on the game. I want to connect to AOC... but I cant find any info about this..

GRR!!! I hate notworking.

EDIT: ok i found out that MSGZ uses ports 6667, 28800-29000. Umm.... thats a lot of ports. I dont have to type them all in manually do i? AHH!

EDIT2: Ok, MSGZ ports have already been added and allowed. So then, whats the problem!

Last edited:
Back