• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLK800 Clip bending

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Footba_SWAT5420

is it true that you can bend the SLK800 fan clips so that it will holda a 92mm fan? if so how do you do this thx for the help.

Um ok :bang head: so have YOU done it or KNOW that it is possible!? i know you could just keep bending and bending but thats not what i asked. i asked if it was possible and in what way i should go aobut doing it. get the question straight next time.:mad: :mad: :bang head

Anyone have some real advice and not some Smart%$& answer?

i just figured you bent the clips up until you could get a 92mil under them, shouldnt be too hard and ive heard of people doing it.

I did it for mine. First i bent the part that goes into the HS straight along with the rest of it, then bent it back, but I left half of it straight so that it would go up more. (Let me know if you need more clarification). Then I had to bend the straight part a little because the 92mm sticks out from the sides quite a bit, so the wires have to be bent a little(not for a wider gap in between, just bent out...will post pic asap)...do this for the biggest clips that come with the HS.

Soy

Last edited:
ya you can bend the slk800 fan clip or mod your fan so it fits. I got a 120mm fan on my slk800 right now. I'm just trying it over my TT smart case fan for a bit. I just drilled a couple of holes in the 120mm fan and it fit perfectly. Just looks funny because its soo big.

Back