• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Best placement for case tem sensor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
N

nerdlogic

Best placement for case temp sensor?

Just what the title says...

Soy

Close to the mobo, but not in direct airflow. If you're realy concerned about heat buildup, etc, get a DigiDoc 5 with 8 sensors and spread them out ;)

A.

I just received my multipanel & it comes with a case temp sensor as well. I just want to know the best place to put it. (I don't have any case temp sensors besides the one on the mobo.)

Soy

just use it for your video card gpu :D, its much more useful there. CPU and hd temps are the ones that matter, if your comp is stable then its okay, are you the one in your avatar btw???

I'm not touching my vid card GPU. I'd have to take off the fan to get it under there...besides, the only OC I would probably do on my vid card would be the mem speed. hmmm...I wasn't thinking of using the HDD sensor, as it seems pointless to me.
Yes, that's me. Why do you ask?

Soy

Hey!!! PhobMX! You're Mexican! I am not hot. Just Mexican. ;)

the best place for the tempsensor might be on your motherboard between the n bridge and vid card. because there would be no air from cpu or case fans to inacurateize the readings unless you have a side blowhole.

PhobMX said:
OMG!!! female mexican (good looking ;) ) overclocking geek around!!! :drool: ;)

that is what PM's are for. this thread is about case temp sensors. Straying off topic always happens but not like this!!

sorry if i sounded a bit harsh.

Dude you have to get out more if you didn't know there were girls in your country!

I would put the case temp sensor anywhere, as long as it doesn't move much because that would make the measurement meaningless. I'd say next to the hard drive cage on the mobo side because it would be out of the way there. I'd use it to measure built-up case heat there.

If you want it to be a sort of redundant CPU temp measurer you could put it between the back door and the mobo tray, under the CPU. But I bet it'll always say the same thing there.

PS if we're giving our opinions about what is appropriate or not (which is for mods) If someone wants to say my avatar is sexy, please don't PM me about it (it's not even me).

Well you guys, thanks a lot for all the input. As for Ugmore Baggage, I'll have to restrain myself because of your irresistible avatar... hahhaa. You guys helped me out a lot and this little girl appreciates it. ;)

Ugmore Baggage said:
Dude you have to get out more if you didn't know there were girls in your country!

girls i know around are just dumb... they are just like 14 year olds on a 20 year old body if you know what i mean...

Yes... and those are the most deceptive... but now I am not a youngin since I turned 21. Family is pressuring me to marry.

nerdlogic said:
Yes... and those are the most deceptive... but now I am not a youngin since I turned 21. Family is pressuring me to marry.

omg that sux!!! do whatever you want, whenever and wherever you want, same applies to the topic, i guess a good position for the case sensor is the upper part of the case, between psu and cd/dvd rom drives. Find a spot where its between heat sources like the psu and the hsf...

Damn right!!!
Too much air flowing around there (92mm tornado running...hehehe) see here too:
case1.jpg

(You may notice that it has no memory...I'm waiting for my replacement.)

i think a good place would be to stick it where the p4 psu connector is in that picture... you get the idea?

and i guess you modded the tornado's power connector so it uses power from the rpm sensor too, right?? Thats the way my 80mm one is working ATM

Back