• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fsp530-60GNA 3.3+5+12 =508watts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lithan

Disabled
The rated amps for each line 3.3, 5 and 12v all add up to 508.4 watts. And the PSU's rating for the three combined is 510 watts so about dead on. Does this mean that the 3.3 and 5v and completely individual and can both operate at maximum capacity at the same time?

3.3v = 28A, 5.0v = 40A, 12.0v = 18A, 3.3+5.0+12.0=510watt

Last edited:
if you check out sparklepower.com, you wont see any specs for the Fsp530-60GNA, but you will see specs for the 400 watt model, Fsp400-60GN/60GN(12), which carry the same amperage ratings as the 530 on the 3.3 and 5 rails.

max wattage combined of both those rails = 235

ie. you wont get max load on 3.3 and 5 rails at the same time.

This isn't a sparkle. It's a fortron, the guys who build sparkles. www.fortron-source.com

In case you didn't understand what I was saying... the powersupply is rated to provide 510 watts on 3.3,5.0,and 12.0 combined. Just as the 400watt version is rated to provide 235watts on 3.3 and 5.0 combined.

I'm assuming that since the max wattage possible on the 12v line is 216 watts. and the max on 12, 3.3 and 5 is 510, then the 3.3 and 5v must be close to 296 watts.

And the amperage ratings on the individual lines usually represent the output when there is no draw on the other lines from what I understand. That is why 3.3+5v ratings are so important. That is what intrigues me about this power supply is that the amperage ratings times the voltage on the three main lines add up almost exactly to the combined wattage of all lines. That is why I was hoping someone with a detailed understanding of the internals of Power supplies could explain the significance of that to me.

i just checked the fortron link out and the specs of the fsp530.
doesnt give any info about the 3.3+5 volt lines, so maybe it is safe to assume that all the lines can operate at max capacity without exceeding 510v in total.

although the "peak power and current shall be supported for a minimum of 15 seconds" makes me think that the PSU will give out after that. dunno. i mean the max power is within the rated specs, so why not?

so, yeah, maybe you are correct when saying that the 3.3 and 5 volt lines are close to 296 volts, there are no contraints on those lines, like that on the 400 watters.

on a side note, i was also looking to pick up a new PSU. saw some nice things said about the antec 550 and the ttgi 520. after seeing this fortron, its getting harder to make a decision which to pick up. the fortron is very attractive due to the price and numbers it puts up.

Maximum and peak aren't used synonymously. Maximum is the the maximum continuous load supported. Peak is the maximum load supported for a shorter duration of time (usually 1 second minimum, in this case 15 seconds minimum). The specs listed there don't appear to list the peaks, which is odd considering they asterix about them. I'm trying to find the peaks online, but alot of places seem to confuse the FSP530-60GNA and the FSP-530-60GL, on top of that there isn't much about them beyond 3 or 4 retailors cut and pasting FSP's specs.

Back