• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda+ Psu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Henry Rollins II

OK

Now Im tired of the cold boot problem Im having with the Enermax 550w psu. Can anybody give me a suggestion for a 400w+ PSU that works with the 8RDA+ without having to see bluescreens on every cold boot.

I have the non plus working fine with a True430. May want to check out AMDmb.com's forums as they have a forum that an Epox rep checks in on.

AntecRep

A Sparkle 400w or a Thermaltake 420w w/active PFC or a TTGI.

I have ran all 3 on my 8RDA+ without any issues. The Thermaltake was the best, but I also did not mess with adjusting the pots on the TTGI or Sparkle.

Using the Thermaltake w/active PFC, you wont have to worry about messing around adjusting the pots.

Oki, ill check them out. Feels kinda sour having to buy a new PSU when I already have what is supposed to be the best. The most expensive, that for sure. :(

I never heard of Enermax being the best. I thought that the best were Antec TruePower, HEC/Heroichi, Delta, Fortron/Sparkle, Zipply, and PC Power & Cooling.

P*SS off a liberal, buy a gun.

Did you know that Saddam never outlawed gun ownership, and for a long time there's been a gun in almost every home in Iraq?
So much for the NRA line that private gun ownership keeps the people free.

"Using the Thermaltake w/active PFC, you wont have to worry about messing around adjusting the pots."

AFAIK Active PFC has nothing to do with adjusting the voltage rails which is what most folks do with pots.

That bears some looking into at any rate.

AntecRep

Back