• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVDrom's on raid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
no

*edit* only thing on RAID controllers are physical HDDs, no optical or "floppy" drives will work. Though IDE Controllers are generally an exception

It works

Anyway I've tried it with a DVD drive on an InnoVision AP1680 and it works fine.
I'm puzzled.
Andy

hmm well I dunno, who's the mfr/chipset for the controller?

Im a bit nervous about that but if it works I guess it works so *shrugs*

I think he means that he just dropped the drive onto the controller, not that he's actually trying to stripe or mirror a dvdrom.

I have a dvd burner on mine. It is a high point chipset. from what i heard, you cant put optical drives on a promise chipset raid controller.

MaxPower81 said:
I have a dvd burner on mine. It is a high point chipset. from what i heard, you cant put optical drives on a promise chipset raid controller.

It does work, i have one, but mine doesn't go above 16x with Optical drives :cry:

Cjwinnit said:

It does work, i have one, but mine doesn't go above 16x with Optical drives :cry:

Ok I knew there was a quirk in there somewhere. (and since mine are all Promise chipsets. then oh well...plus I dont really need to anyways so never tried :D ) Sorry if I wasnt any help man.. :(

Back