• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mirc problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have a Linksys BEFSR41 router and I connect to mIRC fine. I had a few issues with it though but you've to configure your mIRC settings to which port to listen on to. It is usually 6667.

What IRC network are you trying to log on to?
Some require identd to be enabled and you would have to forward port 113 for that. Other wise you might have to forward some ports to get DCC working but you should not have to forward any ports if the server does not require identd.
try to connect to:

irc.zirc.org

and then join

#ocfoldingteam

I think I got it too work...right now i log onto undernet servers..they seem to work better than others...
I used port forwarding and triggering on my linksys router to get it to work..some of the tutorials say to turn off dhcp and manually assign ip's to each computer on your lan..but i tried this and it caused problems in xp w/network places and i couldn't connect to shares on other computers on my lan..so i turned dhcp back on and it works fine...

Kendan said:
What IRC network are you trying to log on to?
Some require identd to be enabled and you would have to forward port 113 for that. Other wise you might have to forward some ports to get DCC working but you should not have to forward any ports if the server does not require identd.
try to connect to:

irc.zirc.org

and then join

#ocfoldingteam

Good plug! ;)

Back