• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bf1942 and intervals of freezing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enemy Down!

i seem to be experiencing bf1942 just freezing for about 10 seconds or so and then comes back normally. i immediately check my ping and it shows then it did not rise. so i am assuming that it is something client side.

i am not sure if it is my firewall at fault here, because i cant remember if i played the game with the firewall disabled.

wondering if anyone else having problems with this game. seems a little buggy.

also, i am using the ac97 on-board sound and the game does not like it. i have to run the game a certain way to have it play sound. i start up a game, then join the first server, right before the game initiates, i lose sound and i am forced to quit. i quit the game and restart it immediately and join a server and all is fine. seems like i have to wait for the game to lose sound, then restart it to work properly.

also, during server browsing, i can click update, but after the update i cannot click any of the filters, the game will freeze until i hit the escape key and will not display any servers, and even if i try to disable the filters and just do a normal update, nothing will come up. again i have to quit the game and restart it.

so i just installed the no-cd patch and it worked. but it seemed to also cure the loss of sound issue. strange. at the same time it gave me another bug; i can only join one server. if i try to disconnect and join another server, the game will crash to the desktop. did not have this type of problem before the no-cd patch.

is this game really this buggy, or does it not like a dually system? i installed the game pretty much fresh from the birth of the windows installation on my rig.

i know bf doesnt support smp, but does that mean that it will not run correctly on an smp rig? if so then i would say it is a poorly written program.

and yes of course i patched the game to 1.31. still playing it.

i wish others with smp rigs commented on this matter.

the hardware in my rig is fine, i have a clear side panel so i would have known that something fell off.

the game runs smooth when i enter battle. it is just at times it freezes for about 10 seconds. i should try to disable the firewall commpletely this time to make sure it aint the firewall screwing with me.

it can't be a heat issue, i have 5 case fans and my cou-s are carrying the massive swiftech with delat fans.

the game does run fine except for the random freezing (causing me to die 89% of the time) and the screwy server browser not responding after an certain conditions have been met.

maybe windows update was trying to update itself or some other form of software was doing it and taking up all my bandwidth??...probably not :(

also, prior to formating the HDD, i re-installed the game and i still had the same buggs plauge me. and even prior to me purchasing my own copy, i installed my brother's copy and it was doing the same thing.

i am using older drivers 28.32 drivers rather than the new ones necause i have gotten better score with the older ones, when running 3dmark 2001 se.

i dont think it is the drivers at fault because i used to run the newest drivers and played this game. this is how i figured that the older drivers gave me a better score. buit i do not recall the game freezing in-game when i had the newest drivers.

somehow i doubt it is the drivers.

correction, looks like i do have the 41.09 drivers installed afterall. i will go back to older drivers see if that does anything.

no i have not played single player.

i went to lower nvidia drivers and i did not notice any freezing and i am still playing (one hour so far)

BATTLE OF MIDWAY RULES!

i did lose sound again, so that means the sound issue will not go away.:mad:

Back