• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Radiator/Heatercore?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rafterman223

I've been looking around after ignoring watercooling for ~1 year and was wondering what the difference between a heatercore and radiator. Also, I would like to know what the best performing radiator/heatercore that would fit a 120mm fan, and not be too inrealistic to fit inside a Coolermaster ATC-200 case. Basically I'm wondering what would be better: Blackice Extreme, D-tek heatercore, etc. Thanks a lot!

Rafterman223 said:
I've been looking around after ignoring watercooling for ~1 year and was wondering what the difference between a heatercore and radiator. Also, I would like to know what the best performing radiator/heatercore that would fit a 120mm fan, and not be too inrealistic to fit inside a Coolermaster ATC-200 case. Basically I'm wondering what would be better: Blackice Extreme, D-tek heatercore, etc. Thanks a lot!
For the size the D-Tek (chevette) heatercore is hard to beat. It should outperform the BIX by a fair amount.

It won't fit without sawing away all internal drive bays though. :)

I think it's worth it... in the end a whole high-performance setup can fit in that case and I'm glad I did this myself (see sig for parts).

The D-Tek oughta eath the BIX for lunch. For starters, it's larger. For another, with the shroud installed it uses the entire surface of the rad. The BIX has the fan right up against the rad plus there is a gap between the rad and the fan that further lowers performance.

To fit my chevette core, I had to move up my two hard drives to the cd-rom area and move my floppy drive up a lot :D My dremel saw a lot of action this week.

It'll be well worth it though...

Back