• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which one is the "one'? 0307VPMW, 0310UPMW, 0308RPM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boostin14PSI

ExcaliberPC got a new shipment of Athlon XP1700+'s and I was wondering which cpu is going to be a good overclocker? I will order as soon as i get word.
Thanx
BTW: They are all DLT3C tbredB processors.

I think the XPMWs are the best ones, so I'd hold out for those...

The UPMW week 0310 is probably pretty killer though :D

Would like an answer to that question also- need a cheap chip that can do 3000+ for as little $$ as possible to replace my hot-as-hell 1700 TBred A RIRGA.

I will try and wait for the xpmw's but only till wednesday of next week. If they are not in i guess i will be one of the first with the upm 310 cpu. has there been any results on ocing and of these chips besides the good old 307 vpm?

ok i have a 1700dlt3c 0310xpmw and it's got amazing potential i have it currently running at 2.1GHZ by only playing around with the FSB what with the new baby it's a little hard to focus on O/Cing at the moment but i will try to kkep you all informed of what is going on!

I wish i could get my hands on an xpm! Those things seem to be manufactured to be overclocked. JC got 2.8ghz on his! That is just crazy.

Boostin14PSI said:
I wish i could get my hands on an xpm! Those things seem to be manufactured to be overclocked. JC got 2.8ghz on his! That is just crazy.

I don't believe it's the only good one. I am currently running my xp1700+ TPMW @2.4ghz, 1.65v. I could easyly push it higher, but I have a very bad heatsink, that was hardly enough to cool my old xp1600+ palomino at stock speeds... It's alot about luck you know...

i bet it will be good i usually go by the philosophy that the newer the chip the better it has to be...right? :D

Yeah, it's fun picking on ya :) nah jk

But a lot of times it relies on the letter code rather than the week...you can have a week 0310 SP1W or something (do they even make those?) that will be horrid compared to say an 0307 VPMW.

or how about T-Bred 2100 0305s, which are generally not that good compared to the 0302s.

It seems like most 1700 dlt3c cpu's are good overclockers so how about this. What tbred B DLT3C chips don't oc well?

Boostin14PSI said:
It seems like most 1700 dlt3c cpu's are good overclockers so how about this. What tbred B DLT3C chips don't oc well?

None...but we want the ones that tolerate higher voltage, which are hard to find :) JCviggen has some though.

ok well i can't wait becouse they might sell out completly at excaliber so which one should i order? I think I'm going to go with the good old 307vpm. WHat do you think?

All I care about is CLOCK SPEED, don't care how much voltage it needs but i want 2.5 or 2.6 :cool:

Which should I get?

If only they had 0308 XPMW :(

Back