• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer problems... PS related?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HexogeN

Registered
My very good friend has been having consistent problems with his computer since his last upgrade (about a year ago). His computer runs fine 90% of the time but sometimes it just freezes on him for no apparent reason. I THINK it has something to do with his power supply. From what he told me it was a 250W generic. He has an AMD 1200, 2 hard drives, a G4 Ti420 and some other random stuff I cant specify. I told him to get a new PS but he thinks im full of crap. Is it possible that Im wrong?

Its possible it could be PSU related, but what did your friend recently upgrade? If it was the processor, then most likely its a heat issue. I know my POS computer was working fine with a Duron 800, but when I put in my XP TBRED 1800 it started freezing up quite a bit during intensive use. A little adjustment on the airflow and it worked fine. If I was your friend I would also upgrade my PSU though.

He upgraded a very long time ago. Its just that hes been having these problems since then. I think he has cooling down pretty good, Ill check into it the next time im over there.

Back