• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How hot is to hot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MtSpawn

Registered
I just put a 2100+ i put the stock fan in and it was running at 52c i put my old copper one in and it was at 42c. Im running Prime95 right now doing a burn in and its running at 55c. Is that to Hot or Not

Some say it is some say it isn't...I just say if it is stable, then it will be fine.

But the rule of thumb is to try to keep your CPU under 50c. Usally after 50c or so you start to get into heat issues which causes instability.

BTW - Your CPU can take up to 90c before it fries, most will take more then that, but that is the temp AMD states will fry it.

I have hmoniter wcpu,and mbm5 and in the system properties they all say the same.

and on the comp that ran 1736 or somethin like it all said the same too.

my 2100+ tbred runs at 28c at idle.full load 36c. i use a volcano9.i think like someone else said 50c is fine as long as its stable.

As long as your not overclocked, that temperature is probably fine. If it's stable, then you have nothing to worry about. Unless summer comes of course...

Back