• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

paper inside cdrw drive.. help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-N-

uhhhh this is pretty stupid of me, but I labeled my cdr disc with a small piece of paper taped onto the disc. Then i put it in my drive and it spinned up, then the paper ripped and fell off and now it's stuck inside the drive. I don't want to try and run another cd right now incase it will screw up the drive even more. Is there any way i can get it out? :( :( :(

ahhhhhhhhhh i know i'm stupid so if you must say so, please just quote me: -- HOW STUPID --

thank you for help.. :( :mad:

yes there is. Take the drive out of your computer and take it apart (like if doing a window mod) there should be 4 or so screws on the bottom (if any) unscrew them and the cover should slide/pop off easily. take the paper out and put back together and all should be just fine. and for the future note..dont use anything but actual CD labels for CDs ;)

hmm... so it's safe to pry open a cd drive like that? is it like the power supply where it's dangerous? :D

hm ok i guess there's no other way. thanks, ill try that tonight.

no, its safe. there arent any capacitors in a cd drive like there are in a PSU. just take the metal casing off and pick out the paper.

UGH.... very unsuccessful attempt.

i unscrewed the 4 screws on my Plextor, then took the bottom metal part of (the part where it reveals the green board. I tried to remove the top part of the metal case, but it just doens't come off. I can lift the back part off, but the front part is maybe connected to something and it just doesn't come off... i spent over an hour tryin to figure this out. erg..

does someone have a plextor cdrw and can show me step by step plz.. thanks.

Make sure the door is open. There should be 4 plastic tabs(top, bottom, sides). Take a screw driver and depress the tabs while pulling the front bezel forward to free the tabs. Once the bezel is loose, the case should come apart.

Sorry, I beleive you also must remove the fron bezel and make sure the cd tray is somewhat ejected (to help remove bezel) but that should be it.

Back