• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Those nobs in your power supply are not for the fans!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

schismspeak

I read in a review at newegg on a antec SL350 the guy said it had nobs for adjusting the fans (it is thermally controlled) but ofcourse those were the nobs for the for the 5v and etc. so to whoever might think those nobs are for the fan/fans in the psu they are not! Do not turn them unless you know what you re doing.

The guy gave it 3 stars because of noise and who knows maybe instability :rolleyes:

also known as potentiometers.

and yes. unless you are sitting there with a digital meter i would stay away from them.

Nothing wrong with an analog. Hell, I've done it with the computer on in bios PC health status. Needs a steady hand though.

schismspeak said:

I read in a review at newegg on a antec SL350 the guy said it had nobs for adjusting the fans (it is thermally controlled) but ofcourse those were the nobs for the for the 5v and etc. so to whoever might think those nobs are for the fan/fans in the psu they are not! Do not turn them unless you know what you re doing.

The guy gave it 3 stars because of noise and who knows maybe instability :rolleyes:

Hi,

AFAIK the only Antec PSU with (outside) adjustable voltage is the TRUE CONTROL 550, not the SL350.

AND the true control allows you to adjust both, the voltages and (min) fan speed, not just the rails. Guess the guy was talking about that.

A

Back