• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this a good one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Do you mean the price or how the chip overclocks?

Not too familiar with the o/c performance of the XP1800 tbred but if it's a tbred b, then it's should be just as good as the XP1700 b and XP2100 b.

If you don't want to risk it, then just get the XP1700 B.

The XP2100 and XP1700 tbred B's are DUT3C so I think you have a tbred a there. If that's an "A", then stay away from it. It won't come anywhere close to what the "B" tbreds can o/c.

The XP1800s are/were the best T-Bred A's period (many were doing 2Ghz easy), but now that the T-Bred B's are out there's no point getting the 1800s anymore.

Get a 1700B at ExcaliberPC. :)

do the 1700 tbed b have higher multis unlocked?

in my bios there is no multiplier section. only ram and fsb. do i need to update the bios or will it magically appear once there is a cpu with unlocked multi's.

modenaf1 said:
do the 1700 tbed b have higher multis unlocked?

in my bios there is no multiplier section. only ram and fsb. do i need to update the bios or will it magically appear once there is a cpu with unlocked multi's.

What mobo do you have?

Make sure it supports T-Breds in the first place :) also make sure it supports CPU voltage adjustments down to at least 1.5 or 1.6v (tell us how low it goes).

Are you sure it isn't under "CPU Ratio"?

You can hard code multipliers in the T-Bred by doing some chip mods, though this may be difficult because we don't know the limits of your CPU

I'd just trash your board and pick up a $60 8K3A+ off the forums or eBay or something :) it's no nForce2 but it's damn good for OCing and it's probably cheap too. i love mine :cool:

ZeroWing29 said:

What mobo do you have?

Make sure it supports T-Breds in the first place :) also make sure it supports CPU voltage adjustments down to at least 1.5 or 1.6v (tell us how low it goes).

Are you sure it isn't under "CPU Ratio"?

You can hard code multipliers in the T-Bred by doing some chip mods, though this may be difficult because we don't know the limits of your CPU

I'd just trash your board and pick up a $60 8K3A+ off the forums or eBay or something :) it's no nForce2 but it's damn good for OCing and it's probably cheap too. i love mine :cool:

It goes from 1.525 to 2.0 volts. It is a jetway v333 pro with the via kt333 chipset.

modenaf1 said:

It goes from 1.525 to 2.0 volts. It is a jetway v333 pro with the via kt333 chipset.

A bit of Googling finds this:

http://www.j-mark.com/PRODUCT/mb/v333u.html

CPU Vcore Voltage minor adjustment
CPU ratio adjust by jumper setting
DDR DRAM Voltage2.5/2.6/2.7/2.8V ,System 3.3V,AGP 1.5V/1.6V Voltage Minor adjustable in bios

Don't bother shooting for FSB, you probably don't have a 1/5 divider and your RAM voltage isn't spectacular. Your chip will go up to 12.5x multiplier unless you hard-mod it to use higher multipliers. Read Pctuner's thread about how to mod your chip quickly and easily using a 9v battery :)

modenaf1 said:

is the one on there good?
AWDflash?

what is wrong with winflash?

what happens if the flash is unsuccesful?

Awdflash is good :)

Some people swear by Winflash but I don't like the concept, it flashes your BIOS from within Windows.

on that site it says if I do the wrong thing my mobo will be unrecoverable. so is there a way to back up my current bios? If i can will that even help if i mess up? I might not do this if messing up will total my mobo.

Back