• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP1700 & CPU Ratio

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ares

Registered
I have an XP 1700 Thoroughbred stepping B0 @ EP-8KHA+ mainboard.
If I set the CPU Ratio at 14 it's going back to 11 (the default ratio).. but 12 and 12.5 is working (13 on my MB goes to 12.5 :( )

Is there any posibility to use 14 or 15 as ratio for this CPU ?

the 1700's have multi's from 5-12.5 availible. to make the 13-18 multi's availible you need to connect the 5th l3 bridge. If you have a brown chip its easy just take a pencil and connect the two dots. if its a greenie its a little more complicated you have to scrape off the top clearcoat on tyhe chip to make the dots accesible. If you connect the 5th l3 correctly you will have multi's from 13-18 availible but the lower ones will not be availible. pencil is best to do this because if you decide you want the lower multi's you can just erase it. hope this helps.

1 What kinda of cpu do you have if it's a pally you will have to unlock the higher x's.

2 If it's a tbred the motherboard may not notice that it's unlocked so you will have to mod the cpu or mobo socket.

3 If the ratio keeps going back to it's default chances are you need to unlock the cpu so the motherboard will notice the higher x's.

sry just read the tbred.

snvpa : is there any link on the net where can I see what you are saying ? I wanna see how to do it.

snvpa :
OK - if you say I should do that in order to get access to multiplicators bigger then 13 I'll try.... but I can already can do what is shown in that article without having to connect the 5th L3. What I cann't do is to set the multiplicator to 14 or higher - and in that article I saw that they stop at 12.5/13.... just like me.
I hope that is posibile to go up then 13.

Back