• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Northbridge WB for Intel 845 Northbridge?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

efini

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone knows if a commercial 845 Waterblock exists. I would like to buy one since my Northbridge runs very hot @ 152 FSB passively cooled.

I've seen plenty of northbridge water blocks for amd northbridge chipsets such as the z block and various others. The intel northbridge uses a hook like clip instead of push pins to mouth the heatsink. This is why I am having trouble finding a 845 waterblock.

For those saying that a northbridge waterblock is overkill: I have tried the Thermal Take Tiger heatsink and it works great. However , I want to get a water block to keep my pc quiet.

thanks,

-efini

if it was me, i would get some theram epoxy, like the artic alumina stuff, and just epoxy on any chipset block that would work best with the rest of you setup. this is what i did on my amd system and it massivly helped stabilze it.

Back