• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual 2500s and 9700pro only=11,000?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaltag

I just got my dual xp2500 system up and running with 768 MB of registered DDR and a radeon 9700pro. my fsb is still at 133x15 but I expected more performance than what i'm getting. my old rig, xp2100, 256DDR, ti4200 @310/615 got 11,300 3dmarks and my new one only gets 11,200 or so. my 3dmark 2003 scores are great @4199 but 3dmark 2001 is still way behind. any ideas on what's causing this? suggestions more than welcome.

no 3d mark does not use both but it should use at least one. I also don't think that the registered ram is THAT much slower than the "normal" DDR.

U loose performance using DUAL CPU's..... look at the P4 3.06 v XP2800+ benchmarks a couple of months ago....it showed the FPS when HT was running and not running.

Read up on SMP - having never played with it, I can't tell you how to do it, but there is some way to run all services and OS functions from one CPU and leave the other 100% available for applications.

Also, 11000 with a 9700 Pro on a 2500? 9700 Pro is supposed to be waaay better than a Ti4200 right? (I'm honestly asking, I'm not familiar with ATI's lineup, really.)

If it is, and I suspect that it's faaaaar far better, then there should be LOTS of room for improvement. Driver tweaking? Unlock those procs and raise the FSB a bit?

Cas latency?

I can't think why 03 would give you really good scores, while 01 wouldn't.

Excelsior said:
U loose performance using DUAL CPU's..... look at the P4 3.06 v XP2800+ benchmarks a couple of months ago....it showed the FPS when HT was running and not running.

Actually, no, u dont. HT is a lot different then a dual CPu system in design, though they are a lot alike in theory

Excelsior said:

You cant compair a dual CPU system with an HT system...it's not quiet the same thing

**edit** envas beat me again :rolleyes:

Back