• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would the upgrade be worth the price

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wiz4rd

I currently have a 2100+ @ 2200mhz 1 gig of PC2100 crucial ram @ 146 FSB ... Epox 8RDA Board, Radeon 9700 pro vidcard.

I was thinking about ditching the gig of PC2100 and going with 512 coarsair xms 3200, do you guys think that would be wise? Also on newegg I see TONS of xms ram and different types and specs, cany someone point me to the best chip to get, thanks guys.

I was also wondering, can I run PC3500 on this board? I would like to get up to 200 FSB or so like the rest of you fine people.

i thiunk it would be worth it esp if you could find a non techie to buy your old ram (get mo $ for it hehehe) rasiing your fsb will increase the speed of evrything across board.

ram

You can find good generic ram for less. I just ordered 512mb PC3200 for about $80.

Ya I'm really wondering what to do, I jsut want to be able to run nice tight timings and have 200 fsb or more, and have 512 or 1 gig of the ram depending on price.

So is it safe to say going with pc3500 on this 8RDA and running stock is better than going pc3200 corsair and overclocking it?

Back