• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Xeon CPUs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hoytron

I have almost everything I need to finish my new Xeon project. I purchased a DP533, and I need some chips to drop in. I found a site on the internet that has dual 2.4GHz Xeons overclocked to 3.2GHz on a DP400. This is only possible with a volt mod, and C1 stepping 2.4GHz Xeon CPUs. I have already modded the motherboard for 533MHz FSB and 1.7V CPU core voltage. All I need now are the C1 stepping Xeons. I have found retail boxed and OEM package 2.4s at newegg, but I can't make sure that they are C1s. Do you think that they would pick out chips with a particular s-spec for me? Maybe one of you knows of a place that will tell me the s-spec before I buy. Please let me know. Thanks!

I'm 99% sure newegg will not do that for you. They always say that the warehouse is a seperate building from the ordering, and they do not know what they have at the warehouse currently...

ExcaliberPC.com might do this for you, they did pick out a specific CPU for me before.

LINK HERE

hoytron said:
I have almost everything I need to finish my new Xeon project. I purchased a DP533, and I need some chips to drop in. I found a site on the internet that has dual 2.4GHz Xeons overclocked to 3.2GHz on a DP400. This is only possible with a volt mod, and C1 stepping 2.4GHz Xeon CPUs. I have already modded the motherboard for 533MHz FSB and 1.7V CPU core voltage. All I need now are the C1 stepping Xeons. I have found retail boxed and OEM package 2.4s at newegg, but I can't make sure that they are C1s. Do you think that they would pick out chips with a particular s-spec for me? Maybe one of you knows of a place that will tell me the s-spec before I buy. Please let me know. Thanks!

If you are still wondering the boxed xeons from newegg are the first verson of the 2.4GHz 400MHz FSB c1 stepping xeons.

Back