• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Revision 2.0 A7N8X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah well it is kinda of dumb i was basicly a beta tester for free now that my experience as been made they put one with no bug on the market "normaly dont they put recall on product with bug"

Vr-Zone has a snippet on their front page , the 2.0 Nforcec 2 boards will be phenomenal overclockers :D . Sadly I'm stuck with a 1.xx A7N8X . But once I can run the 400 FSB Bartons as Asus and AMD initially promised then I don't mind too much .

Quote : " As AMD is launching the 400Mhz FBS Barton core with Athlon XP 3200+ in May to counter the 800Mhz P4s, VIA and SiS have already gotten their chipsets ready to support that. VIA is planning to release KT600 codenamed KT400A-CE with VT8237 Southbridge while SiS has announced the SiS748 chipset last month that is paired up with SiS963L Southbridge.

How about NVIDIA? There is no upcoming nForce2 chipset from NVIDIA to officially support 400Mhz FSB Barton since nForce2 was already designed to support 400Mhz FSB in the first place. Instead NVIDIA has been constantly revising their nForce2 chipsets with newer steppings. Right now, there are two nForce2 chipset revisions in the market with A2 and A3 steppings and apparently NVIDIA has quietly added one more revision A1 which is in fact C1 Stepping. It seems like NVIDIA is getting ready for 400Mhz FSB too and indeed the newer revision has significantly improve stability under higher FSB. The latest 8RDA+ board is using this new C1 Step nForce2 and the overclockability is simply amazing. Using a VDD of just 1.65V with CPU/RAM at DDR460 Sync, the board is able to run at 230Mhz FSB very stable! "

Let the good times roll :clap: .

I would like to RMA my board for a 2.0... I don't feel like I'm cheating them - they made me beta test their boards. :p As I see it, mine IS defective. :D

Anyways, is it really widespread? I may just get another one for a customer and swap mine with theirs.

so anynoe with these boards, what is the overlocking like, what FSB you lot reaching?

NANA

I had received a rev 2.00 from new egg on 4/4/03. Havn't had time to do much yet with this board (family things) I did notice a physical difference in the Chipset, it no longer has a recessed metal top suface it's flat solid black now & it having it's own bios update apperently it goes beyond physical.

Back