• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p3/tutalin?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fiji

ok well im not exactly where to put there, but here it goes

ok currently i have a

standard (old) p3 700mhz and im wondering can i upgrade to a p3-tutalian (or however you spell it) on the same mobo?

thanks

What motherboard do you have? If it's a slot motherboard you might not be able to do it depending on if there is a BIOS update for the board to support the new chip. You will also need to get an adapter if this is the case. If you have a socket 370 motherboard should be fine with a BIOS upgrade. Would need to know your motherboard before I can say for sure.

almost for sure you will need an adaptor from either fcgpa or slot 1 to fcpga2....

and you can check compatibility at www.upgradeware.com

most likely it will work and you can sell your p3 700 on ebay and likely cover the cost of the new 1.0-1.4 tualatin celeron (same 256 kb cache as your p3 700) (40 bucks) and the fcpga2 convertor (10-30 bucks)...

what kind of motherboard do you have and are you going to overclock your new chip?

Back