• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mobo suggestion? xp2100 , pc2700 ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dignan

Registered
I have an xp2100 and pc2700 ram waiting to be installed in a system , but i need a mobo.

I was thinking nforce2, but i really don't know much about the different models. Can anyone make some suggestions?

I'd like to hit 2200-2300, and im hoping my ram will let me (Infineon -6 chips). I have pc2100 right now and i can't get past 2000 on my abit kr7a.

thank you

Well as you can see from my sig I am the proud owner of the Asus A7N8X Deluxe...had a few problems setting it up, but really like it...But...A buddy of mine came over tonight with a Soltek SL-75FRN-L nforce2 motherboard...Got it for 89.00 shipped 2nd day from www.googlegear.com/ ...That is about 60 dollars cheaper than my Asus board...Anyway we put it together and also being the owner of a Soltek SL-75DRV-5 boarded box, I have been a big fan of theirs every since...Easily the most rock solid, stable, easy to setup boards I have ever used. To say I was impressed with this board would be a understatment. Not even a hick-up setting it up...Fired right up and with my memory and video card with default settings, whooped out 3895 in 3Dmark 2003...My Asus rig scores 3583 at default settings...Looped it for 2 hours without a crash...Forgot the PC Mark scores, but ran it several hours with out a hitch...Sandra Soft same thing...ROCK SOLID STABILITY...Now that Soletk is back after some distribution problems I will be back on the bandwagon...For 89.00 shipped 2nd day you cant beat it with a bat...;)

I won't say which nForce 2 board is the best, because I don't know. Probably the Abit model everyone here is raving about.

I *WILL* say I wish I had one.

Want features? Asus A7N8X Deluxe.

Want damn cheap with awesome performance? EPoX 8RDA+

And my guess is the Abit would be a little combonation of both really.

What i can say is i love my EPoX board, and wouldnt replace it.

Back