• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this a good PSU, or what do you recommend?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It seems to share its model number with a High Power unit - not sure how good they are...

You might want to check out the Sparkle/Fortron power supply's at either www.newegg.com/ for the Sparkles or www.directron.com/ for the Fortrons...The 350 watt Sparkle or Fortrons will power just about any PC you could imagine...Toms did a shoot out and the Sparkle pumped out 485 watts which is more than most 400/450 watt psu's on the market...This 350watt model comes with one 120m/m fan and is 45.00 dollars and will easily power you system http://store.yahoo.com/xpdirect/35sparpowsup.html ...this is THE one if you want quiet, powerful and inexpensive...This 350watt Fortron from directon is only 38.00 http://www.directron.com/fsp35060bn.html ...If you really feel you need more, the 400watt Sparkle or Fortrons will be way more than enough for your system...Best Bang for the Buck psu's in the market, not only that one of the very best...Bar none at any price... :)

geez, forton must be good, never knew how good they actually were.. 350watt forton could power my rig + a 9800 pro and a 2.4B? nice...

I used to use Antec's...still like them but for the money Sparkle/Fortrons just kick them in the teeth...I ordered the 350watt one with the 120m/m fan today...To replace the 430TruePower for the box in my sig...:eek: ...Just kidding...but i have to check one out...next box I build the owner will be getting it...:cool: ...Of course I will have to rant and rave about how good it is...But yeah even with 5 panflo case fans, RAID-0+1, DVD-ROM, CDRW, floppy, 250 Zip, Apacer 6in1 card reader, and a ATI 9500 Pro, in my bud's box, with a crazy overclock, his 350 Fortron from Directron powers it without even breaking a sweat...If you want to be absolutley sure and future proof the 400 watt Sparkle/Fortrons are a great choice...not the only choice...But it really does not get much better...:D

If you can afford $54 (shipped), I recommend the Antec True430. That price is from Pricewatch as of this morning.

Hoot

I also recommend Antec TruePower. I just bought a 300-watt one for $50 and it came with a 3yr warranty!

Back