• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If only I could keep this protein...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madman_sam81

I got my first Gromacs protein today...

p540_BBA5 in water (33 points)

EM shows it folding at roughly 8:18 per frame (100 frames). I used the little calculator until. and it calculates just over 400 points per week! 1 box, which I just recently set to just above default (P4 1.8 - FSB is at 110 right now. I will be taking it back up to 125 soon. Had a memory issue.).

With the tinker cores, the highest I calculated my points per week was something like 144.

I think I like the Gromacs!

Amen to that! Me and my rig really dig Gromacs and i hope they hang around for a bit. Any word on if they will stay anyone?

If you toss the -advmethods flag in there you will get mostly Gromacs when they are available. I think the p540 is the first publicly available Gromacs work unit in a long time. Stanford and us beta testers have been trying to get a handle on the problems associated with using the Gromacs core. If you can stand a few problems here and there, toss in that flag and you'll spend more time on Gromacs... especially those of you using Intel processors. You'll boost your points per week as shown above. ;)

Ya. I added the -advmethods flag, so hopefully my efforts/participation (points too..:D) will be greatly boosted.

Right now, I am Folding for my two Uncles who, winthin the last year, fell victim to cancer. Also for a good friend on mine's girlfriend of 7 years, who fell victim to cancer March 6, 2003 (She was 22 :() Sadly enough, there is one more person I Fold for. I just found out, last month, that I too have cancer. We don't know what kind yet...

madman_sam81 said:
Sadly enough, there is one more person I Fold for. I just found out, last month, that I too have cancer. We don't know what kind yet...

:(

I wish you a speedy revcovery. I really hope all this processor time we commited helps to aid a discovery.

Back