• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Word up Everyone from 850-200!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RoadWarrior

Honk Honk!

Move aside or be Roadkill :D

I'm opening a fresh can of whoopass, I've got 2.6Ghz under my right foot today, there's another 2G coming online shortly. Hoping to top 5Gs.

buddypwn.jpg

:D :D :D

LMAO RoadWarrior that funnie will never die:D

EDIT: /Chris Checks rear view mirror and notices RoadWarrior miles down the road but thinks he better not stop for a tea break.:p

Nice.

Speaking of tea breaks, it's about time for a refill... By the way, anyone after my tail in the rankings? I hope not!!

Just started up today on a spare box....

I take it you can have more than one box running the client, but all the scores are combined and stored under your username? Or am I wrong, and you need a seperate username for each session?

- Thanks.

Yes that is correct, as long as you download a fresh client for each machine from stanford and don't try just copying the data over all will work out. See the FAQs for further details.

33 people were roadkill yesterday. I'm figuring about 30-40 more today :D

My XP has been locking up though (does about 30 hours then locks) :( lost a night's production last night. I think it's either due to the stupid easytune util or issues with monitor power management, so I took both off. It hasn't seemed to be corrupting WUs so don't think it's a gromacs stability problem. Seems to be a software error somewhere else, because it would do it before I was folding on it when I left it running. Anyhoo hope that's cleared up now. Errors that only happen hours and hours apart are a bugger to troubleshoot though.

Road Warrior

150 pWNed so far and counting :D

Just blew past Maximus Nickus, I think he's tryna come back, bring it on big guy!

Think I'm higher than I've ever been now, I was I think up to the low 700s before Christmas, now blowing into the 600s. Progress is slower now, hope I can get that duron system up soon.

Road Warrior

wouldnt running it under wine in linux make it more stable?

btw whats the ranking system setup by? i know its not by pure finished WUs

Last edited:
Ozzman said:
wouldnt running it under wine in linux make it more stable?

btw whats the ranking system setup by? i know its not by pure finished WUs

Maybe it would, never had issues with win98SE before though, I think it's more likely to be hardware oriented. The mobo has some known issues :rolleyes:

The ranking is based on the points scored, various units are worth from 0.6 to over 40 points, depends mostly on the time taken to complete them but some units notably gromacs core units are more "efficient" and you get proportionally more points for them, this is why it's a good idea to set the -advmethods flag.

Road Warrior

RoadWarrior ya have me scaried, i guess i will have to bring that dully 2100MP on line in the next few days, just to keep you off my back, and i might bring my sisters xp2200 on line soon, but it is only on part of the time so i dont know if i will bother with it.

right now i have just 6.66 ghz of folding power brake down as follows
p4 2.0 eng smpl at 2.6 ghz
amd xp 2000+ @ 1.66ghz
intel p3 1.4 tully server chip @1.5 ghz
dual slot 2 xeon 450 1 meg l2 cache chips @ .45 ghz.

so i guess i need to add the dully mp2100's just to keep up with you, way to foldfor the caus :D

RoadWarrior said:

Maybe it would, never had issues with win98SE before though, I think it's more likely to be hardware oriented. The mobo has some known issues :rolleyes:

The ranking is based on the points scored, various units are worth from 0.6 to over 40 points, depends mostly on the time taken to complete them but some units notably gromacs core units are more "efficient" and you get proportionally more points for them, this is why it's a good idea to set the -advmethods flag.

Road Warrior

hmm i noticed for some reason that when adding the advmethods flag in EM3 that it took a bit of a proformence hit, this is on a 733 P3, whats advmethods do exactly? i know this most likly been asked a million times and im sorry..

Back