• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

diff. between excaliberpc combos?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

aight....I already have the 08xpm 1700+ as you can see from my sig...but I now want the abit board.....question is which one....ok I see 2 combos one with the extra serial kit and the other with the bios survival kit...so I was first looken for one that had both these...then I thought do I need the serial kit.....whats that include...it says an extra serial kit.....why would I need an extra serial kit?......I am not quit sure what the first one is even for....can someone clarrify?...I am guessing that the extra one woulkd be for if you had say more then 2 harddives.....the thing is I only have one.....and also if I get another one I doubt IO would put more then 2 in a single computer:D .....am I right in the assumption that I would only get the serial kit combo if I had more then 2 harddives?...thanks a ton for the clarrification:D:D:D

Yes. The serial kit is for if you wanna use more than one ATA 100/133 drives on the SATA interface. If you have one drive, don't get that. I would get the BIOS savior package.

Back