• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP1700 or XP2100 T-Bred ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bafbrian

Here is the deal, I am gonna sell me XP2000 pally to a friend for a cheap price.

Should I opt for a XP1700 or a XP2100 ?
Since I am gonna get my watercooling stuff next week, I was wondering which I should go for ???

Any help with this choice well help me

1700+, they have the newer steppings, and they also cheaper, i think the newer steppings if you get the right one will yield at least as good, possibly better? but i'm not 100% so don't take my word.

a good 1700+ will hit 2400 with 1.8v core.

problem with them is that you can't raise the multiplier too high without a mod, so you basically have to have pretty good ram to get any kind of overclock with them.
I'm fairly certain that you can only use a 12.5 max multiplier without mod on them.

anyway----I think they are on par as far as overclocks, but for 20$ you get higher multipliers, 250 mhrz higher on default, and a better chance of a high overclock. Not that the 1700+'s aren't good overclockers, they're awsome. I just don't think its worth the 20$ savings to go with them instead of the 2100+

Back