• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water cooled psu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the origional koolance case has a water cooled psu. it ended up increasing temps with almost no benifit. although im sure this one is better engineered than the koolance one was but it seems like overkill. really cool though:)

Are those high voltage transistors that are bolted to the water block, their 300+ volts insulated from it by nothing but 0.25mm of material? I feel so safe with that design -- because I'm thousands of miles away from it.

That is extremely nice!

I have considered water cooling a psu but not done so yet- and if/when I do, it will NOT be as good looking as that.

For those that are made nervous by having water that close to all that power: I see more dangerous things just about every day :D

Have you ever driven down the highway and watched the way most people drive? lol
Ever flown in a commercial airliner? Know how close the tolerances are in those engines? A piece of foil from a pack of GUM can wreck a jet engine in seconds!

I worry NOT about water cooled psus :D

rogerdugans said:
Ever flown in a commercial airliner? Know how close the tolerances are in those engines? A piece of foil from a pack of GUM can wreck a jet engine in seconds!

If a piece of foil can wreck a jet engine, then why do multiple chickens being shot into one at 200+ miles per hour not?

rogerdugans said:

Have you ever driven down the highway and watched the way most people drive? lol

Thanks dood. Now I cant fly to Poland this summer lol

Im sure a pack of gum would be ok. If that were true, there would be a LOT more crashes due to debris in engines.

Watercooled psus are the height of cool tho. The only real disavantage is that a watercooled psu measn you must watercool all heat sensitive parts if you want to reap the benifits.

lacking a fan on the psu means no contribution to airflow by psu means case fans means no point to wcing it.

I'm more comfortable with the idea, but that's probably because I've used equipment that generated so much heat, they had to watercool some of the wires (in addition to other components, like the gallon-sized capacitors and the vacuum tube).

Back