• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SonicXplosion problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Astronut

Registered
I've just replaced my Acoustic Edge card with a VideoLogic SonicXplosion card (the one that supersedes the SonicFury) and I can't get any sound from the rear or centre/sub speakers.
The speakers are Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 (DTT2200) and worked fine with the previous card.
All leads are correctly connected and all volume sliders are up and not muted. I've even checked the speakers are OK by connecting the rear speaker jack to the front output and get sound from the rear speakers - same goes for the centre and subwoofer speakers. Bottom line is the speakers are fine and working but not when connected to their proper respective jacks.
If I highlight each speaker in speaker test control panel I get sound from the front left and right but nothing from the centre, subwoofer, rear left or rear right.
Any suggestions? I think I may have a duff card here :(

<edit>
DOH! :eek: me stoopid
I got the rear jack connected to the line-in and the centre/sub jack connected to the mike input - no wonder it didn't work lol
I think my eyes must be upside down or something or I was looking at the connection diagram and the back of the PC upside down or something - excuses lol

Everything's fine now but it's a bit late to crank this baby up now.
Sounds good at low volume though - plenty of mid and bass and hopefully after more testing tomorrow this card won't crash IL2-Strumovik like the Acoustic Edge did.
Ah well, so far so good :)

Last edited:
What do you think of the card???
I bought one and haven't really got a chance to use it yet.

What OS and DirctX version u got Astro?

I ask 'cause I've got a Sonicfury and want to replace it, too many problems lately

EDIT: oops i just saw the date of original post, soz

Back