• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

aib psu thoughts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

v8vega350

i am looking for a cheap psu for a this system the cheeper the better

here is the system
abit kr7a running @1750 maybe going to a tbred A @ around what ever it will go 1 stick of ram volcano 7+ 1 40gig hard drive geforcemx 256 1 nic 1 sound card 1 case fan 1 cdrom nothing special pretty much just using it to crunch seti

I was looking at an AIB psu for 23 bucks shipped its 500 watts anyone had one of these just wondering what their voltages were loaded and also is there a better psu for the same price

$17.99 is a great price for a Sparkle because the next cheapest source, Directron.com, sells it for $27. This is almost identical to the PSU that topped out at 390W in Tom's Hardware Guide test, and its main transformer is the same one used in the 350W version, which managed 454W.

v8vega350 said:

I was looking at an AIB psu for 23 bucks shipped its 500 watts anyone had one of these just wondering what their voltages were loaded and also is there a better psu for the same price
If by AIB you mean "Alpha International Business" then maybe you should go to resellerratings.com and look them up, I doubt you'll like what you find.

i went with the sparkle it was only 14.99 shipped and i am using a powmax 350 watt now so it sould be fine

How did you manage to get the sparkle for just $14.99 including shipping? PC Direct wanted over $9 for ground when I checked.

Woo-hoo! A 300W Sparkle PSI for $14.99 delivered!

Now, how can it be modded into a 350W Sparkle? (even though it can already put out more than 350W) The big transformer in it is identical to the 350W's.

Back