• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why so low

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ataxy

ok there is something i dont understand i have build a dual psu setup for my amd rig one 300w smart power(mobo+cpu) and one 350w generic(4x80mm fan+2x40mm fan+2xhdd+1xcrystal orb+1xcdrw+1xcd+1xfloppy+70watt pelt) the pro blem is the next one how come my +5v is so low it can barely stay at 4.8 idle and will drop at 4.73-4.71load my vcore is at 1.80
isnt a 300w psu not enough to power a mobo+cpu
the reading where taken from mbm5.3 the mobo is the one in my sig and its a rev 1.04

300 watt should be plenty for the mobo + cpu, hell even a 200watt would be good enough

Measure the voltages with a multimeter to see what they actually are. Software reporting is notoriously inaccurate, so using a multimeter is the only way to be sure.

i have check a couple of 5v line on the atx connector and they all say 4.99 but thso that mean that this is what i get after the connector also if i check with one of those hdd/cd molex i get 5.03

Back