• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1700+ XPMW or 2100+ T-bred B?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rafterman223

I will be building a new system consisting of an Abit NF7-S v1.2, Corsair PC3200 RAM, and an SLK-900U w/ Pabst 50cfm fan. Should I go for the 1700+ or 2100+ for overclocking. Which one will need a higher voltage @ around 2400Mhz? also, if I go for the 1700+, will it' wear out' over time like everyone is saying, or is that only at really high frequencies? Thanks!

I have been hearing nothing but good things about the 1700+xpm's. Cheap speed!!! Definatly go for that.

Actually, either is a very good choice. The 2100 has the potential for a higher clock, but the 1700's have proven to have a higher percentage of o/c. Either one would be fun to play with. :cool:

My 2100(see sig) is killer. I dont know much about the 1700 but I know my cpu is now 87 bucks at newegg. Cant beat that.

BTW....my 2100 can easily go further. I have never tried.

How could I tell if I got a 1700xpmw proc ?

Also, that is a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet o\c at that few volts, Congrats on a overclocking job well done.

LOL

I'd say go for the 1700+ It's cheaper and clocks almost as high... I wouldn't worry about longevity as long as you don't fry it trying to see how high it will go... I was worried my chip might not last long when I was running my 1600+ at a constant 53 degrees and 1816 MHz... but within 7 months of installing the chip I've got a 1700+ coming in the mail... at $70 for an extra 500+ MHz I couldn't justify not getting a T-bred B.

Definitely 1700. Get the right stepping though. I heard people going over 2.5 GHz w/ XP 1700 DLT3C. That's over 1GHz overclock!

Back