• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thermaltakes are one of the best out if you got one w/active PFC. By that price I doubt it does though. Even if you didn't get one with active PFC, the +5 and +12 rails still are more stable then 95% of the non active PFC PSU's...including Antec True Power.

I have 2 of them, one with and one without active PFC. The one with active PFC never drops below 5 or never gets over 12.20. The one without APFC, the lowest it has been is 4.95 (+5), and 12.45 (+12). This was with a 2.1V core and 3 delta screamers and 4 Thermaltake smatfan2's. Not even my old Antec True Power (500w) PSU could handle that type of OC with all the extra fans and still stay stable with the +5 and +12 rails.

This is what I got .....

REFURBISHED: Thermaltake Silent PurePower, 420W ATX power supply. UL, CSA, TUV, CE Approved. Intel Pentium 4 Compliant. Switches: ATX Logic on-off additional power rocker switch (115/230 Volt selector switch). Fan: 2 ball-bearing Fans, Temp. Auto Control. 1300 rpm at 25°C ~, 2400 rpm at 80°C. P. G. Signal: 100-500ms. Over Voltage Protection recycle AC to reset: +5V trip point < +6.8V. +3.3V trip point < +4.5V. +12V trip point <+15.6V. Unit Size: 15cm(L)x14cm(W)x8.6cm(H). (OEM, BAREBONE) Model#: TT-420AD(DUAL FAN)

BTW, like your username...... I almost got one for my wife but she opted for a 27.

Heh heh, computers and guns, that's a hell of a mix isn't it? How many times have you just wanted to use your computer for target practice? I could use my 9mm browning or my GI 1911a1, but if I did it I would probably use my SKS! :D

I do it every chance I get.........the first thing a target scrapped was a 44mb syquest.

Back