• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why did it go up?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theonetheycall

Registered
I decided to changed my dirty water, it got dirty because I ran my system with just Water for like 1 month, and after adding Water Wetter I think it started to do the work and it started to clean my setup, but it left the dirty crap behind, and this made me cleaned it.. well I took it out, washed the res, pump, and tubing, readded water and water wetter, I got a nice pink, re assembled, and Crap!! My system would not boot right @ the settngs I had it before. I got 7 BSOD's(something I know a sign of instability from countless Hrs Oc'ing, I went back re checked my settings. and OK. even temps were way down first time, MB 22C CPU 17C in BIOS, I was real Happy, I rebooted and it crashed gave me all this crap.. Went back to BIOS, Temp jumped all the way to 29C MB and 30C CPU!!!! WTF!!
I was maybe the heat won't let it boot up right..
Back to BIOS, after 5 BSOD's, I lowered my chip to 166x12, 1995Mhz or so... Booted nicely @ 1.65v, I proceeded to MBM, Socket 38C!!!! OMFG! Core temp came from the comfy 42C to 47C!!(This is Die temp) I was Mad.. WTF!
I reapplied AS3, very thin layer, I could even see the core this time, almost transparent, the Block went on nicely.. But This sucks.. I even MOdded my Case to put a 80mm on the Panel to get fresh Air to the 120mm on the H. Core(Dust Problem, I could no longer have the Panel off)..

Is it the AS3?!! This really sucks. I need Input

lol mark!!

It might be a temp issue, at high mhz, my cpu gives me BSOD as well. I would take off and re apply the waterblock once again. Maybe take off the cpu and put it back again as well. Make sure everything is nice and comfy

OMG!! Nice, added a bunch more AS3, and if you know the MCW5000-A, i turned the screws almost out :)

sitting on 26C Case(Ambient), 27C socket :) The CORE temp went to a nice 44C :)
Guess Back to old times :)

I also found a leak on the barb fittings I got to make a 1/2" and 3/8" bridge. :( It is under 90% control, it won't kill my system yet, but it is annoying.. I have to take the panel off and check on the fitting.

easy to hook 3/8 and 1/2 hose together, take a 1" piece of 3/8 tubing, insert it into the 3/8 hose and slid the 1/2 hose over that and put a clamp on it.

Back