• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.53 C1 dud. Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tio

I picked up a 2.53 GHz P4 about two weeks ago, along with an Abit IT7 Max 2 Version 2, a single 512 MB stick of Corsair XMS 3500, and an Antec Truepower 550 PSU. The Processor specs are as follows:

Sspec: SL6EG (it's a C1)
FPO#: Q252A140
Packdate: 01/14/03
Malay

After playing around with it for a while now, I can only get the processor to run prime95 stable @ 2.83 GHz (149 FSB). I bought the chip, thinking that I would be able to push it up to around a modest 3 GHz, but it seems as though my processor disagrees. I'm running the chip @ 1.70 vcore (1.68 actual), and the chip runs at 38°C idle and 53°C after running prime95 for a few hours(Many find that the Abit IT7 Max 2 Version 2 reports temps 8 - 10°C higher than the actual temp). I'm using a Swiftech MCX478 with a Delta on it (with AS3 of course), so I'm pretty sure that my motherboard is reporting my cpu temp higher than it actually is (case temp is 22°C by the way), and my temps aren't the problem here. I guess I just got a crappy chip or something, because other SL6EG chips seem to be doing fairly well in the database. I hate this feeling, knowing that I can't really do anything and that I'll just have to accept it.:mad: :mad: :mad:

I just got rid of an SL6EG that performed about the same as yours. 1.675 V-core and 147 FSB was all I could get out of it. It ran about 47* uner load and 33* idle though with my Vantec Aeroflo.

this is my second 2.53 the first one did just what yours does. I rmad and got this bo stepping and it will post at 3.1 but I run it 24/7 at 3.02 and bench at 3.06. maybe you could rma it if its not too late

I picked mine up at a brick and mortar store, Memory Express, here in Canada. Damnit, I wish I had known about the SL6S2 chips.

I already sold it in a computer I built that will never be overclocked. That chip just wasn't meant to be O/C'd. Besided, I've got me an SL6RZ 2.4 that is stable at 3.24 on defualt voltage.:D

Back