• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new bios for a7n8x mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
would this be for revision 2.0 or or 1.06 and lower?

nevermind, found it...
an8d1003.zip 1003 2003/04/03
A7N8X Deluxe BIOS 1003 for PCB revision 1.03, 1.04, and 1.06 only.

Does not appear to have any fix relevant to my setup, so I guess I will stick with the Uber1002A version I am using currently.

Listed Fixes:

Enhance system compatibility with Transcend DDR333(MOSEL chips) memory modules.
Fix the error that, under device manager, a yellow mark appears when installing WinXP with a USB keyboard and mouse.

On another board there is a thread that shows some people are having better luck hitting 200FSB with this one (199 actually).
I was never even able to completely boot into windows with any multiplier and a 200FSB. Been running at 11*195 as the best I could do.
no crackle and pop in the audio anymore either.
he later posted this:
Yes, true. It seems that my crackle and pop was coming from my ps2 keyboard. Another member here told me to try a USB keyboard as his audio crackles also fixed themself after replacing his ps2 keyboard with a USB model. I don't have any crackles at all now. But after installing my USB keyboard, I found that one of my "motherboard resources" under "system devices" in the device manager had a yellow exclamation mark. So I contaced ASUS support. And this latest BIOS update has fixed that.

Better temp readouts are what some others are saying.
Went from a 49 C to a 40 C cpu reading..
Running 1.4 rev and 2700+

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11971

I didnt have good luck with this one, I updated bios using the asus update and it said it sucessfully updated the bios, i did something im usually dont do ans selected to clear cmos. I rebooted, and went into bios and redid settings, then I selected to exit and save, got some strange figures poped up on nbottum left side of screen, red and blue boxes with odd looking letters in them, and then it locked up. So I hit reset and went to boot, video card initialized, keyboard light up but hard drive led never went out and screen stays black, attempted to clear cmos, still no luck, so, out comes the eeprom, and a new one with 1003 already on it is being sent overnight, the old one is going for reflash and keeping it as a spare.

just my experience with this new bios, and no i dont have a rev 2 board.:rolleyes:

Just tryed it out. First i flashed it. Then I booted into the bios.
I have the 2700+ witch should be 166*13. But, It keept setting it back to 166*10. So i set i back to 166*13 and reboot.
It seem like I have the worlds first ATHLON XP running as an 877mhz when in 166*13..... ****ing **** I said and kick my pc ( Not this one, my only 800mhz got kicked a few times)....
I cleared the CMOS and all seems to work as it should.
Temps have dropped 3-6 C.
Have the rev 1.04 deluxe

I flashed to this bios, and seem ok, except that my System temp is below ambient now.... wish Asus could get the ****ing temp monitoring right. MBM5/Bios, says 15C, when ambient is around 23-25C with my multimeter temp probe. version 1.04 Deluxe by the way

Go mine, and yea... mobo temp is below ambient. But other than that, no other change. Can't get any higher FSB. The only option I see that is missing is the non-usuable VDD adjustment.

I guess I'll stick with the 1003 until there is a hacked BIOS based on this ver.

rev 1.04

could someone please......

please give a link on where to get bios....at asus site their server is not working correctly and dont see how you all got it.....

I've dled the new bios currently using a 1.04 rev board and 1002 bios version. I'll let you know if I notice any difference myself.

I noticed, no more crackling in audio, lower cpu temps(not sure of accuracy) and Im now able to clock my system very high, although im turning back till I have a quality cooler riding the cpu

CPU. 2209.17 mhz
System clock 192.10
multiplier of 11.5
system bus 384.20
locked at 66

new Bios

I only noticed a lower motherboard temperatured drop of about 6c and other than that no difference. I do have pc2700 ram so I don't know what they were talking about when they mentioned 333mhz compatiblity issues.

Apart from the dodgy mobo and cpu temps this bios looks good, I'll d/l for safe keeping (but I wont flash until after I start clocking w/ 1002).

Back