• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

43.45 opengl fix

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chief

I installed the 43.45 dets and found the same performance as the 40.72's but IQ much better.However opengl games would not release back to the desktop correctly ie split screen or wacked text.I found a fix that works for me and hope it can help someone else.I replaced the NVopegl.dll file from the 43.45's with the one from the 40.72's and problem is solved.

Uh oh...could it be nVidia is losing their "uberness" on OpenGL drivers? *stirs the pot of speculation* :D

"Whoa, thats so uber."
hehehmn.gif

evnas looking cool... :)

I wasnt aware my 43.45 drivers had a problem.../me rushes off to install an opengl game

uber is no longer german btw, they lost the right to that word when they broke the rules - english = mismatch of random words spoke by the idiots that use them...thus if we want uber, we get uber :)

I replaced the NVopegl.dll file from the 43.45's with the one from the 40.72's and problem is solved.

While this may be a solution, remember that you essentially reverted back to the 40.72s OpenGL library, which sort of defies the purpose of driver updating ;)

That said, imho the 43.45 release is as beta as drivers can get :mad:

Arghuin said:

While this may be a solution, remember that you essentially reverted back to the 40.72s OpenGL library, which sort of defies the purpose of driver updating ;)

That said, imho the 43.45 release is as beta as drivers can get :mad:

Like I said, I have no problems with these drivers, opengl or otherwise, and they are clearly not betas. They are official releases from nvidia's website.

Yeap, no problems here either, and I have GAINWARD G4 Ti4600.
I can play JK2 all day long w/o any problems wehn reverting to desktop. I have also tried Q3.

Back