• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sl6EF Temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Para

Registered
what kinda temps shud i be getting whilst at idle/load running at stock speeds? :)
also contains my issues so far........ please take a look u may be able to help lol!

thxs para:cry:

Last edited:
Oops ) just air! i have a vantec airflow :D
i wanna find out because i wanna make sure my temps are ok before i try anything :burn:

Also theres abround about a 5 degrees variance between what my Bios reads my cpu temp at and what MBM 5 says :confused:
which one do i go by?

Last edited:
Go by MBM5 because during boot up some heat is produced. What are your current temps? Do you have any case fans?

I got 2x 80mm fans at the back blowing out
2x 80mm fans in the front sucking air in
1x 80mm window sucking air in
Mobo temp pretty much stays at 19>20ish. This is all on the bases that ive set mbm5 up right :p

cpu is at 140 fsb right now and is idle>30 ~ load>38

im getting those temps runnning the sandra burn-in suite. Is that reliable?

Oh i got the same Mobo as you big nutz! In the bios did u leave cpu voltage to auto or did u manually set it?

Thx alot Para :D

Para said:
I got 2x 80mm fans at the back blowing out
2x 80mm fans in the front sucking air in
1x 80mm window sucking air in
Mobo temp pretty much stays at 19>20ish. This is all on the bases that ive set mbm5 up right :p

cpu is at 140 fsb right now and is idle>30 ~ load>38

im getting those temps runnning the sandra burn-in suite. Is that reliable?

Oh i got the same Mobo as you big nutz! In the bios did u leave cpu voltage to auto or did u manually set it?

Thx alot Para :D
My P4G8X is @ 1.65v, P4PE is @ auto, and my P4T533-C is @ auto. Those temps you have are good. Try overclocking it gradually. I dont like to see my temps over 45*c-48*c. Good luck on the OC and keep us posted.

3dmark2003 locking up on first test at 145 fsb!
i dont get it! arrrrgh!:confused:
im running a 9700pro but they are unstable on this mobo! :mad:
any ideas ppl? my temperatures are fine 37@full load!

thx para

Para said:
what kinda temps shud i be getting whilst at idle/load running at stock speeds? :)

thxs para

SL6EF with Intel HSF

@ 2.4 vcore 1.525
idle = 33C
load = 47C

@3.06 vcore 1.525
idle = 33C - 35C
load = 47C - 49C

i eny ur temps :( maybe i should move where u guys live. i never got my temp below 44 :(

idle is 48-49
load is 57-59

Para try lowering the settings of ur mem if it hangs r u using 2-5-2-2? coz i heard ur mobo doesnt like 2-5-2-2 settings try 2-6-2-2 or 2-6-3-3( specially with dual channel )

hope this helps

JeffPH said:
i eny ur temps :( maybe i should move where u guys live. i never got my temp below 44 :(

idle is 48-49
load is 57-59

well you could try... :)
i'm still using Intel HSF and it gets really hot here during summer...
i might go watercooling if my temps jumps high...

its summer here :) how much would a water system cost? should i get a water system with case or build my own? any good brands?

JeffPH said:
its summer here :) how much would a water system cost? should i get a water system with case or build my own? any good brands?

cant really recommend a case kit...
but check on the watercooling section...
LL PC65 should be ok for WC setup...
swifttechs, dangerdens are good...

Well im using the standard mem timings that are set by corsair low latency modules, 2-2-2-5 timings. Wierd thing is i didnt change anything last night and ram prime95 for about 40 mins then decided to try 3dmark again. It ran 03' and 01' fine a couple of times each too :confused:
yeh if anyones got some relaxed timing suggestions or how tos please point me in the right direction. Ram im using is in my sig )

thx para

Well i tried to run 3dmark again and it just hung on the first test. But the wierd thing is it ran last night. and completed 1x 3dmark03 + 2x 2001se.
But now it just hangs again. Do you really think that if i change my Ram timings it will affect 3d mark? becasue thats the only bench that dies on me!!!

SL6EF
idle : 98F (37C)
load : 122F (50C)

Ambient : 72F (22C)

stock intel cooling no overclock

If it were me and my temps were that high i'd definitely look into watercooling. You'll spend around $150 for something descent.

With an Alpha 8942 + 50cfm sunon, my temps were running
47C idle and 59C full load (Prime95 @ 2 hrs). Ambiant @ 21-22C

I did change to a ThermalRight SLK-900U with a 92mm Panaflo
57cfm and now run consistently at 42-44C with 53C being the
high under full load.

Temps on 2.53 chip @ 185fsb and 1.664v (actual vcore) not bios
Using MBM to get average temps and vcore - also compared it
to Asus Probe. BIOS shows it about 3-5C less.

Para,

relax ur timings to 2-6-3-3 or 2-6-2-2 pick one and try. then increase ur fsb again once its stable i recommend running prime for 12-24 hours. increased fsb compensates for the lowering of mem timings. Set ur mem to Manual too

Pheonix and sang,
thanks for the advice

Its still crashing in 3dmark! :mad:
Worse thing is the only thing i use my PC for is games :D

it seems to crash on all my games too! :temper:

Back