• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

folding on a PDA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackhabit

or handheld pc as you will, i was thinking would it be possible to do, not that i own one but my dad does!so would it be posible to fold on it. it would be very cool if you cool. when your done working on the work unit hook it up to the computer and send it off.well just something to think about

Hmmm...interesting concept. I wonder if I can get my Speak and Spell to fold....hmmmmm 9-) I don't think it would be possible. Granted PDA's are getting faster and everything but you would have to keep it plugged up all the time because it would run the batteries down in no time flat. And on top of that, I don't know if the processor would be fast enough to finish the WU on time. But I could be wrong on that, I'm just guessing.

It might be possible, but like I said before, it would have to be plugged in all the time. Also, the architecture is different for a PDA processor than it is for a PC or Mac. Who knows it if it would work though. I don't even really know what I'm saying since this sinus medicine has got me floating and fuzzy.

Thespis377 said:
Hmmm...interesting concept. I wonder if I can get my Speak and Spell to fold....hmmmmm 9-) I don't think it would be possible. Granted PDA's are getting faster and everything but you would have to keep it plugged up all the time because it would run the batteries down in no time flat. And on top of that, I don't know if the processor would be fast enough to finish the WU on time. But I could be wrong on that, I'm just guessing.

Roadwarrior did the calcs on the speak and spell here

I know. I still think it's funny. HAHAHA One of the subteams on the MSU team created an MP3 that has that in it. I'll let you listen to it. *begins laughing* This is too funny. Click here to listen to it. By the way, the name of their subteam is Robot_House. You'll understand when you listen. HAHA

Hehe, this would be kinda cool. Too bad it's probably not
likely to happen. I have an IPAQ 5455 400Mhz processor
overclocked to 500Mhz (no joke). And when it sits in it's cradle,
it mostly just shows my custom Matrix Screen saver. I'd Fold with
it for sure!

what about running a Genome on it , they have no time limits on them so if it takes 2 months , who cares it is still folding

just a thought

Thespis377 said:
NO NO NO!!! Ask Kendan, we're not addicted. We're DEDICATED! Get it right!

lol

I was looking at the Ipaq. A 400Mhz cpu oced to 500!!! oh man! mmm dad my pda is running at the same speed as your computer! HA HA! ......damn the batteries have went.

lol

Do you like the Ipaq?

Thespis377 said:
I know. I still think it's funny. HAHAHA One of the subteams on the MSU team created an MP3 that has that in it. I'll let you listen to it. *begins laughing* This is too funny. Click here to listen to it. By the way, the name of their subteam is Robot_House. You'll understand when you listen. HAHA

I can understand it somewhat...it's pretty funny, though. I'm dedicated to the addiction of the dedication. :D

Soy

Back