• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heres what Im ordering......but,

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bored_One

Registered
AMD barton 2500
A7N8X DLX

I wanna OC this barton on air (mild OC) but what memory should I get. Im hearing that there are some problems with some of the memory out there. Any suggestions on those 2 components as the base for my comp and any suggestions on ram would be welcome.

256MB sticks of Kingston hyperx pc3500 go for like $70 at excaliberpc...thats some very good memory that will give you some serios fsb headroom. also Corsair, Twinmos, Kingston, and OCZ pc 3000, or pc3200 are very good and offer a lot of headroom, just depends on how much you are willing to spend. i personally have an abit nf7-s and some of the pc3500 kingston in the mail right now. good luck on finding something that will suit you! :clap:

I was thinking about some 3200 or mabey even 3500 ram for the board but was thinking more along the lines of 2X 512 meg sticks and getting a gig, The corsair xms stuff. What do ya think?

you wont notice much better system performance out of 1gig over 512MB unless you are doing a lot of multi-tasking...but all the brands i listed before can supply you. you will be paying a lot for the 1gig in the pc3000 - pc3500 range, but if money isn't an issue, go for it.

I agree 1 gig over 512 is a waste I also think that 3500 is a waste sence unless you mod the board you probably want get above 210 fsb you can get 3200 for that job and save some money. I have hyper x 3000 and it will do about 212 or ddr 424. Also if you really want to get above 200 fsb for sure I would suggest getting the nf7 board or 8rga.

Back