• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec SMART POWER? wut is it???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

livingelf

Wut's antec smart power, thanx guys all feedback appreciated, i was thinking it was adjustable but not sure.....please feedback is appreciated, no one is answering me in Futurmark.

livingelf said:
Wut's antec smart power, thanx guys all feedback appreciated, i was thinking it was adjustable but not sure.....please feedback is appreciated, no one is answering me in Futurmark.
It's their older line of power supplies. They're very good supplies, they just don't have independent output isolation like the TruwPower series do.

Also the only SmartPower PSU that has dual fans is the 350 watt model. All others are single fan units.

So it doesn't mean they are adjustable? and if so do you have to take the case off? cuss i heard the old antec where adjustable.

The SmartPower 350 / 400 / 450 PSU's have Dual Fans according to the Antec website and also according to a UK retailer i plan to purchase one from, i was gonna post a question as to wether these PSU's were good when i noticed livingelf's post.

Model ----------SL250S---SL300S---SL350---SL400---SL450
^^^^^^^
Combined------185W-----220W-----230W---240W----250W
+5V, +3.3V
^^^^^^^
Combined
+5V, +3.3V-----230W----280W------330W---380W---430W
& +12V
^^^^^^^
Max. output----250W----300W------350W---400W---450W
^^^^^^^
# of Fans -------1--------1----------2--------2--------2
^^^^^^^
Gross Weight>3.65lbs.>3.75lbs.>4.40lbs.>4.60lbs.>4.60lbs.

Thats the specs from Antecs Website. :D

Last edited:
I have a 300W SmartPower, and it doesn't have any adjustment pots inside (precision resistors in place of them) or any external pot for fan speed (fan is very quiet anyway).

TeLoS said:
The SmartPower 350 / 400 / 450 PSU's have Dual Fans according to the Antec website and also according to a UK retailer i plan to purchase one from
Hmm, after checking their site, you're right. For a long time they mostly were single fan. Makes sense that they'd go dual fan though, since it's an AMD form factor.

One more reason to go buy one!

At a nice price from Ebuyer, so i'll proberly get one next after a new case, but maybe not, gotta way up the prioritys and decide wether its a new PSU next or a new Video card. :D

Smart Power 350W £44.91 inc VAT

True Power 330W £49.19 inc VAT

Antec SmartBlue 350w with Blue LED's £57.16 inc VAT

Any of the above should suit my needs and they are at a good price. Any of them will run my setup plus a blue cathode won't they?.

I have a similar question about my Antec True 430. I purchased it in the UK assuming that it would have a switch on the back to adjust the voltage from 220 to 115 but I don't see one. After further research on Antec's website apparently all of the PSU's for the EU are made without these voltage switches. However the specs say that they will accept between 115- 220.

My question is: Does this mean this PSU will auto switch depending upon the incoming voltage or am I going to have to buy a new PSU when I move back to North America?? I couldn't find any definitve answer either way on Antec's website, it sounds like they would autoswitch but I want to be sure!! :)

Thanks,

The Doc

I think they leave out the switch because the PSUs either automatically switch between 115/230VAC or, more likely, they don't want customers setting the switch wrong and damaging the PSUs. If the latter, then I'm sure the switch could be added easily, but the trick is knowing exactly where to connect the two wires (the circuit board will have places for them).

EC/GB versions of our PSU's are not auto-switching. They're set for 230 only, that's why no switch.

The combination of requirement for PFC and some certifications and concern of people flipping the switch (I'm sure there are reasons I'm not aware of) is why the European version's don't have the voltage switch.

AntecRep

Thanks for the information, albeit a bit too late...

Also, both fans on my PSU have stopped spinning just today. The damn thing is only two months old.... Should I send it back??

Back