• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLK-800 with XP2100 Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What's your voltage? Highest I've seen my temps was at 48C at 1.83 VCore. I might get different results now, as I took off the HS to place a temp sensor in there, so I reapplied AS3 and reseated the HS...my RAM is finally coming in today so I'll be able to test temps later. :D

Soy

Try to re-seat the heatsink and see if the temp drops..

Some SLK-800s might need a good lapping also..

sirtoby said:
Try to re-seat the heatsink and see if the temp drops..

Some SLK-800s might need a good lapping also..

Yeah, I decided not to impart any advice since there was no question asked. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I agree. Mine came out with a good set of ridges so I lapped it up to 600. How high you want to go really depends on you, though. I personally think that anything over 800 won't do any good.

Soy

I have the same board as you... the NF7-S doesn't report temps accurately (it's about 10 degrees off). If you say you're at 51 celcius underload, it's probably more like 41 celcius (I've done my share of forum hopping research on this)

51°C isnt dangerouse to the cpu but maybe the mobo's temp readings might be off because my 2100palimino @1846 and 1.85v it can still run at 41°C load. and that is with a cheapo volcano 9 so either your hs isnt seated properly or (extremely likely) your temp readings are innacurate.

airw0lf said:
the NF7-S doesn't report temps accurately (it's about 10 degrees off).

I mounted a probe against my CPU and I read 4-5 degC lower than is reported by MBM using motherboard readings (and bios 15).
It is in agreement with other guys changing motherboard to NF7-S (while keeping the rest identical of course).

Nobody can be sure about temp probe readings as it could be not touching the CPU and hence report lower temperatures.
However it is impossible for it to report higher temps than the CPU is at...think about it.
So 10 degC difference, I don't think so. I say 5 degC max.

I'd say that a probe would usually yeild higher temperatures than an in-socket thermister.. with a probe your almost reading on-die.

there are loads of posts on forum.abit-usa.com that say they are getting 7-10*C higher than with Rev1.0 and rev1.1

The last time I took my heatsink off the cpu and cleaned it off for a reapplication of AS3 I noticed machining ridges as well on the bottom. Perhaps I'll get around to lapping it eventually.

Okay, I got everything up...my load temps at stock everything only got as high as 33C. :D

Soy

EDIT:
It's actually as high as 36C on load...33C was with the case open.

Last edited:
I am testing a new setup with a TB B 2100+ with a SK-7 + TT SF II + AS3. The CPU is running at 2.2 GHz @ 1.9V. I got 32 C when CPU little usage, and 40 C when CPU 100% usage running prime95, system temperature 32 C. SF II speed is around 3200 RPM. SK-7 no lapping.

Crap, sorry for the double post... Admins please delete one of them if you feel like it :)

For TBRED B 2100, default vcore is 1.6 V, I think max vcore is 2.0 V in spec. Mainly keep an eye on die temperature and use good cooling, also how unload and loaded die temperature responds to vcore.

TerroH8er said:
I'd say that a probe would usually yeild higher temperatures than an in-socket thermister.. with a probe your almost reading on-die.

there are loads of posts on forum.abit-usa.com that say they are getting 7-10*C higher than with Rev1.0 and rev1.1

A hardware probe??? Mine read at least 10C lower and it kept my hs from seating properly on my CPU...So I took it off & am using the probe as case temps instead (it's on a nexus multipanel & without the CPU probe connected it just beeps nonstop.)

Sounds kind of like the DigitalDoc 5 (I'm using one for my fans). If you have one set to be turned on and you unplug it, it beeps (rather loudly) until you turn it off in DigitalDoc. I think I'm going to set up my thermal probes now, and find a way to set one up for an on-die probe on my tbird. Shouldn't be too hard.

Back