• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolest AMD cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beavis

This may be a dumb question but what is the coolest running AMD cpu over the XP 1600? I want to build the quietest AMD computer possible. I'm probably going to use an Alpha 8045 with the quietest most near silent fan I can find. I'm not going to overclock eithier. Thanks!

XP1700 DLT3C. And it is the coolest AMD CPU in both meanings of the word

If you want it to be cool/quiet, you can PROBABLY lower the voltage to 1.4 and maybe even OC it a bit (1.8Ghz maybe?). So you would not only have quiet but fast too...

I know you said you don't plan on OCing, but there is nothing wrong with a little "mild" overclocking if your temps don't skyrocket and it's stable as a rock why not :)

Cool thanks, looks like the retail version on Newegg is the one I want since the reviews say it's the DLT3C version. I'll probably overclock it as high as it will go just to see why everyone's raving about it. I am resisting the lure of Pentium cpus and trying to stick with AMD.

Go to Excaliber, they have guaranteed JIUHB DLT3Cs for $60. They aren't any specific letter codes, but you should still get a very cool running CPU.

Newegg is a complete crapshoot :) they are sending DLT3C T-Bred A's which is the worst kind..

for b cores the stepping ends in B and in A cores the stepping ends in A ... like emericanchaos said...:p

Back