• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

modenaf1

I have my 2100 palimino undervolted to 1.7v. It runs perfectly stable even at 142fsb (142X13=1846). I was wondering if doing a slight fsb o/c will shorten life of components.(I plan on keeping my pc foratleast 3 years). When you raise the fsb it o/c's EVERYTHING right? even vid card? One reason i am worried about this is because I heard somewhere that someone had a o/c for a while and their performance degraded severly over the years specially the vid card. So I was just wondering how safe is it?

T.I.A.;)

depends on your board features. the nforce2 had pci lock so you fsb is controlling how quickly your memory can talk to your proc. if your board doesn't have these features the divider is what contrlos your pci/agp bus and you need to keep it so the pci bus is talkin to everything else at about 33 (a little over/a little under wont hurt). if you do have everything out of spec with the divider, it can cause problems like hard drive corruption and such, but i dont think it will have a long term effect on your proc, as long as the voltage isn't too high. i think when people are losing their oc's/system performance, it's because they have their voltages too high. ;)

your PCI Bus is at 35.5Mhz and your AGP Bus is at 71Mhz

default for PCI is 33Mhz and default for AGP is 66MHz, your not that far out of spec should be fine

you should see something near your fsb settings called pci divider or sumthing. there will be like 1-5. you want to choose the divider that gets your pci bus closest to 33 and your agp bus closest to 66 as possible. a little over or a little under wont hurt. but all it does is controls the speed of these two busses tied into the fsb so that you wont get hd corruption and other bad things like that. thats the best i know how to describe it...you may just have to look around your bios and find it.

PS - i know with my board if i let the bios automatically set the fsb instead of manual, it sets the divider for me so if you are playing with fsb that way your divider should be fine. but if you set it to manual and then didnt do anything with the divider that is definatley something to look into.

PSS - you may want to go into the forum for your amd board and see if anyone there has the model you have so that they can tell you where to find the divider, and if the board does it auto for you or not. they will also be able to answer your question in a little more depth. i am still a newbie somewhat too :p

divider is a ratio of fsb and pci/agp speeds. if you have a 5/1 divider and 166fsb then your pci is at 33mhz and your agp is at 66mhz. 166/5=33, 33x2=66

Thanx for the help but I just checked. I have a really crappy mobo that only has fsb control and voltage nothin else :(

maybe a bios update will do the trick

maybe so. also go and check in you mobo's forum and see if anyone there has any info. alot more beneficial to check numerous places before getting discouraged.

Unfortunatly the mobo site dosent have a forum but they do have a new bios revision that "adds more options" so i might try that.

Thanx for all the sugggestions.ifItry it ill let eveyoneknowhowitworks:)

sorry,my keyboard isnot being myfreind today.

Well I tried it. It gave me 1.1v- 2.0v but nothing else. There is a jumper on the mobo that says "cpu ratio selecter" Currently it is set at 11. At first I thought it had to do with multipliers but my cpu multi is 13 so im not sure what that is.

well a 2100+ palomino is locked at x13 multi and till you unlock the chip you will not be able to change the multi. To unlock the CPU you would have to fill the gaps between the L1 dots with something non-conductive like a Crayon or SuperGlue and connect the dots with something conductive like conductive ink/paint. make the L1s go from something like this L1. ::::: to something like this L1. |||||.
Also you will have to either reverse the L10 (meaning connect 1 set and disconnect the second), or there's a wire trick that does the same thing, basically resets the x8 bit to LO so you get access to x5 - x12.5 multies

Back