• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quiet My System & Results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

daigster

Registered
Okay, just bored, so I decided, i wanted to sit with a quiet system for a few mins. Just switched from a V9 to a Vantec Aeroflow, i like this switch.
So, I've got an Antec SX830 case with 2 Antec Intake, 2 Antec Exhaust Fans. Plus the Dual Fan Enermax PSU, fan on the Radeon, and a 7V modded Sunon blowing on the HD. So you can imagine with all this, it is pretty damn loud.

Then CPU 32/idle 37/load, System 11/idle 17/load.

So now, i unhooked all the 5 case fans, and just relied on my CPU fan, and of course the PSU and vid fan. Well, this is pretty quiet, and nice to sit back and just hear my loud typing. Then i started Prime95 for bout 35 mins. And my temps were:

CPU 39/idle 43/load, System 16/idle 23/load.

Not bad i thought for a bit or quiet. Dont realize how loud my two Antec exhaust fans are. I like the quiet but still would rest better if i knew all fans slots were being used. So I'm gonna try get my hands on some Stealths and toss the Antecs in my parts box.

Just a little test to let ya'll know what happens without five case fans running together. Think I'll leave it like this for awhile. Brings me back to my old Pentium 75mhz days. Thanks for listening.

I've used just one fan in my whole system before while aircooled - but then i've been into silent computing for ages.

Vantec Stealths aren't all they're advertised to be (they're louder and flow less air than Panaflos), and Panaflo L1As work better.

I suggest reading up www.silentpcreview.com if you haven't.

BTW the optimal solution is to have an exhaust - that way you can expel hot air easily.

Yeah, i wouldnt mind tryin the panaflo fans...Being in Canada, makes alot of thing hard to come by...I think i know of one place that actually stock stealths.

Back